The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

So I just finished reading God Never Blinks, by Regina Brett. 

I have to say, I've chanced upon 2 of her books and I've genuinely enjoyed them. 

This prayer was taken from one of the chapters, and it was to do with coming up with a personal mission statement. 

You may not share the same faith as the author of this prayer or even mine, but when I read this, I was taken up with the idea that this could be someone's personal mission statement, perhaps even mine. 

It is inspirational and aspirational. 

I hope that I can achieve all the aforementioned as well.

It is after all, one of those things that takes time to ponder on and to come back to.

Without further ado, hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. 

***

Peace Prayer

While often attributed to St. Francis of Assisi, the Peace Prayer wasn’t written by the saint. However, it remains a popular traditional prayer.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

***

Resources

1. https://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-resources/prayer/traditional-catholic-prayers/saints-prayers/peace-prayer-of-saint-francis/ 

Comments

Popular Posts